Exploratory Testing Workshop – Michael Bolton
The workshop will be held as a peer-conference on exploratory testing and is meant to allow experienced testing professionals to get feedback and share knowledge between various organizations and groups. The workshop is free: the cost is your time as an active participator.
Testers from the Finnish community are invited to present and discuss their experiences when it comes to using exploratory testing within their projects. We are looking for practical examplesof how exploratory testing has been applied in different contexts and the benefits or challenges encountered while applying it.
Due to limited time, we will work on scoped topics that the participants choose, for example:
- Exploratory testing in agile projects
- Session-based and pair testing
- Test Management/Reporting and exploratory testing
- Coaching junior testers using exploratory testing
- Transition from scripted to exploratory testing
We will not address this time:
- Any topics that are not related to exploratory testing
As a result of the workshop, we will have a summary report of learning points and conclusions to share with the Finnish testing community.
How to participate
Participation is free of charge, but is limited to 17 participants all together, with selection criteria being depth of experiences and variety of backgrounds that the participants can bring on the topic at hand.
We would like to have 5-7 presenters as well as 5-7 contributors that are able to actively get involved and give feedback on the topics presented. We are interested in professionals with hands-on experience with exploratory testing that would like to share their knowledge with fellow testers.
In addition to normal contributing participants, we welcome 5 newcomers (“I assume I don’t have contribution to give”) to listen in for learning purposes.
If you would like to participate, please apply as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com describing:
- Your background and testing experience
- One of the following:
- As a presenter: The topic you would like to present as well as a short description of your presentation. Each presentation should be about 30 minutes long.
- As a contributor: Your ability to contribute and give feedback on exploratory testing, as well as your motivation for joining the workshop.
- As a newcomer: Your motivation for joining the workshop.
The due date for applying is August 20, 2011. Participants will be selected based on their applications, with emphasis on diversity, and participation will be confirmed by latest August 22, 2011.
The workshop will be held in Helsinki. Location details will be sent separately to all confirmed participants.
Registrations for this course are now closed.
If you would like to receive information about future courses, please feel free to contact us directly.
Info on the course
- / When: 1 September, 2011
- / Where: Helsinki, Finland
- / Duration: 1 day
- / Course Price: Free
- / Exact location will be sent later to all confirmed participants
- / Workshop will be presented in English
- / Participants should bring their own laptops