What it’s like working at Altom
Your work as a tester at Altom is intellectually rich, fun and creative. This is an attitude towards testing that we continuously support and promote. Being a part of our team means we value and expect your input in our projects.
You are encouraged to develop your skills. We attend numerous testing events and conferences and we organize test labs, workshops and presentations. This is how we facilitate knowledge sharing between colleagues and teams working on different projects.
You have transparency. Because of our flat organizational structure, we are careful to keep the information flow simple, clear and relevant. You are always up to date with the status of the project you are a part of and the company’s performance and future plans.
You have direct access to the client. We offer a model of business centered on working together with our clients. We value overview discussions where you are able to provide relevant information about findings that could impact the outcome of a project.
What you will be doing
- Think critically about assumptions and products
- Work with other team members to test the functionality of various products (blackbox testing)
- Collect information on the product and project by searching and asking questions in an efficient manner
- Plan and keep track of your activities
- Write test scripts using different scripting languages
- Test creatively and investigate issues
- Find bugs, with focus on critical problems
- Use tools that help you maximize your work in terms of content and structure, quality and efficiency
- Provide relevant information to stakeholders and focus on bringing real value
- Continuously explore and learn
As a successful candidate, you will probably have a degree in computer science or related fields and several years of experience in software testing or development. A good knowledge of English is a must.
In your cover letter, please indicate the types of evidence you can provide that you can excel in doing the specified activities.